Monday, October 18, 2010

Who's My Favorite Scream Queen?

Anyone who knows me knows that Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday of the year. The more creeps, willies, and heebie jeebies the better. When I was a claims adjuster, I traveled a lot and I could’ve cared less if I had to work on Christmas but Halloween? Unacceptable!

One time, on a trip to Seattle, I was waiting to get through the security line at the airport and little did I know my favorite scream queen of all time was standing right in front of me. She’s quite diminutive in stature, which surprised me, but by the time I realized it was her, I was pretty stunned. Some people may get excited to meet dignitaries from foreign lands, or the president of the United States himself, but not me. The most famous damsel-in-distress to grace the big screen? I could barely contain myself.

She had been pulled out of line to be searched and when she came up behind me to grab her bags off the conveyer belt, I looked her dead in the eye. She gave me a knowing look and I knew right then not to shout from the rooftops how excited I was to meet her, but at the same time so disappointed that I couldn’t let her know how big of a “Weenie” I was!

But I let her be and just admired her from afar, and later confirmed, without a doubt, that it was her when I saw her walking down the concourse to her gate. She has a familiar walk that I recognized from the movies and I felt a tinge of familiarity sneak up my spine. I’m a devoted fan through and through.

So, can you guess who it is? Leave me a comment and let me know who you think it might be. The first 1 with the right answer gets a free copy of handy dandy Super Foods vs Not So Super Foods Food Guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

do you like this blog?